Vienna, the city of waltz!
Schönbrunn Palace, the Hundertwasser House, the ‘Riesenrad’ Ferris wheel and, of course, St. Stephen’s Cathedral are just some of Vienna’s cultural highlights.
And there is lots for children to do too!
Schönbrunn Palace and the zoo, the Natural History Museum with its giant dinosaur skeleton, the ‘Haus des Meeres’ Aqua Terra Zoo, the Museum of Technology, the Spielzeugmuseum (Toy Museum) and many more greet parents and their children with a warm welcome.
The Vienna cultural experience with perfect service at our campsite:
Ticketing service for the best concerts, Vienna sightseeing tours and the Vienna City Card are all available from reception.
Optimal connections to Vienna
S-Bahn every 30 minutes, bus every 10 minutes and just a 20 minute journey to the city centre.
The S-Bahn and bus station are just 200 m from the campsite.
Tickets can be purchased from the ticket machines at the station or from the bus driver. We would be happy to advise and find the cheapest ticket for you.
The next train or bus connection:
Explore Vienna with a difference…
St. Stephen’s Square is just a 14 km cycle ride away.
The Danube Cycle Path runs straight past the campsite. We recommend taking the cable ferry to the other side of the Danube to get to the Danube Island, a paradise of leisure activities. Cross the ‘Reichsbrücke’ bridge and continue along the Lasallestrasse and Praterstrasse roads to Vienna. Magnificent views of the ‘Riesenrad’ Ferris wheel are guaranteed just before you reach the city centre. We recommend cycling in one direction and then travelling back in comfort by train. Bikes can be taken on the trains.
Another tip: there are plenty of guided walks in Vienna covering every conceivable topic, on offer from 3 or more people.
Other things to do in Vienna:
- Guided bike tours through the city
- City walks covering some interesting topics
- Boat trips
- Mozart concerts in Vienna’s beautiful concert halls, daily from April to October
- Music Film Festival: watch the open-air Music Film Festival at Vienna’s Rathausplatz square from July – August!
- Enjoy strolls through Vienna’s magnificent parks; the outdoor cafés are the perfect place to relax
- And before you head home, why not try a delicious glass of wine at a wine tavern in Grinzing